Craving for curry? Here is a simple home-cooked green curry for the busy midish-week.
Saw this really easy recipe from Rasa Malaysia & it turned out to be really yummy too!
2 tablespoons green curry paste (any brand is good I reckon)
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup bamboo shoot
2 mini peppers, sliced
1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon palm sugar
1. Saute the green curry paste with oil over medium heat until fragrant. Add 1/2 cup of coconut milk and stir until the oil surfaces.
2. Add chicken & kaffir lime leaves, continue cooking until chicken is almost done.
3. Add remaining coconut milk, palm sugar & fish sauce. Bring to a boil.
4. Add bamboo shoots, cook for 5 minutes or until the bamboo shoots softened.
5. Add Thai basil, stir & remove from heat.
1. Bamboo shoots have a very strong smell. I can’t quite determine what smell it is. Some people don’t like it that much. I personally don’t like the smell when it’s out of the package but if it’s properly cooked, it tastes amazing. I love the texture, the crunchy shoots.
To avoid the strong smell, boil bamboo shoots for a good 15-20 minutes before putting in the curry.
If you had a go at this, let me know what you think of this Thai green curry! 😀